Susie Bond is the founder of Activate Dance Physio.
Susie Bond is the practice director of Activate Physiotherapy, Evolution Pilates and MG Pilates. She has been a physiotherapist for 30 years, a Pilates instructor since 1996 and a dancer since she was 5 years old. She is a founding committee member of the Dance Network, in the Sports Physio group in the Australian Physiotherapy Association. Susie is also a member of the Australian Pilates Method Association. and the Int. Assoc. of Dance Medicine and Science. She and her team understand the needs of performing artists and dance students. She has been involved in running courses for physiotherapists and dance schools, teaching how to prevent and manage dance related injuries. Susie has worked with artists from many professional dance & theatre performances including Bangarra, West Side story, Ghosts, Harry Potter Musical and many independent artists. Susie contributes to DanceTrain Magazine’s ‘Bodywise’ section.
Susie’s passion is for healing, dance and arts performance enhancement and injury prevention. She would love to help you get back into class and onto the stage!
Susie has participated in extensive continuing education opportunities and keeps up with latest treatment methods and advances:
- Physiotherapy association sports, spinal, dry needling and orthopaedic courses
- Convenor and organiser for APA Dance Network courses with Dr Crichton, Dr Sue Mayes (Aust. Ballet), Claire Hillier, physio and dance researcher and many other talented experts in their area
- Training with Robyn Gant, Foot and ankle physio; Dr Barbara Hungerford, Muscle Energy techniques; LJ Lee sports and Rib ring courses; Dr Alison Grimaldi, Hip and Tendinopathy; Prof Jill Cook, Tendinopathy; Francine st George, Sports, TMJ, Deep Tissue;
- Int Dance Med Conferences; Uk, USA, Hong Kong
- Real Time Ultrasound with Dr Julie Hides.
- Explain Pain courses with NOI and David Bultler
- Barrel V1,V2, V3, V4; Cranial sacral L1,2;
- Rem. Massage Diploma
- Pilates association conferences and workshops
- Garuda exercise workshops with James d’Silva
- Progressing Ballet Tqu workshops